Monday, December 8, 2008

Is there any meaning at all behind Jimmy Corrigan

As most of you have probably heard (and if you haven't, you will get it right here), I personally think Jimmy Corrigan was a waste of paper and, more personally, a waste of time. I could not associate with Jimmy at all (in fact, I hate is very existence), the book's style kills any form of suspense or excitement it could have possibly had, and I found absolutely nothing deep when analyzing the book.
I am, however, willing to here other people's opinions. So, my main question is, is there any form of deeper meaning or truth we're suppose to get out of Jimmy Corrigan (besides don't be like Jimmy), or was it just meant to be an entertaining story that failed miserably? I await your answers and insights (hoping that my view is pretty close to the truth).

No comments: